Friday, August 12, 2005

Long time no post...

I'm on a f*cking MAC at work so I can't do any neat fonts or anything, but anyway...
I have a new job, well I've had it since after the fourth of July. I like it, my work isn't hard, I'm getting paid more, my boss isn't a total @sshole, but I have a co-worker who annoys the f*ck out of me. She talks all the goddamn time, I mean just says anything, asks me what freaking day it is when I know it's on both our computer and our phones, gives a play by play on what she's working on. And not only that, we're in the same office with a cubicle partition between our desks yet she feels like she has to come on to my side and speak to me while directly looking into my face. Well, usually I'm on my messageboard ( Diaspora Hair Care) and I do not want her joining or asking me about it, so I'm minimizing my screen about a million times a day. This job would be so great if not for her! Luckily, she's thinking about looking for another job. I'm also thinking about going the passive-aggressive way and asking my supervisor if I can be moved into another office. I just need some freaking peace and quiet. You would think she never heard of the internet - woman you do not need me to entertain you go online, that's what the internet is for!

Oh, also she's black, too. But she is so ghetto and doesn't even know it. I mean she has her AA in like child development and a BA in something else, but she's so fucking unprofessional it's not even funny. She will come in the office talking on her cell with it on that 2 way thing so that the whole office can hear both sides and loudly. Then she has her cell ringer on during the day and it's ringer goes "Pick up the phone batty" *bashing my head into the wall* She will also take a call and stay on her cell way longer than she should. Add all of this to the fact that she says some of the most racist stuff about black people herself along with having a thing for white blonde guys. Oh and she tells me on like my second day every freaking thing that she is made up of (Spanish, Irish, Black, blah-blah-blah) I didn't ask and it had shit to do with anything, add all this to her being the color of Angela Basset at least, so it's not like I was wondering "hey what's this girl mixed with".

MUTHAPHUCKA!

7 Comments:

Blogger princessdominique said...

Sounds like your co-worker needs a hobby. Nice blog. I followed a link from somewhere, I don't remember where exactly. Might have been style and grace.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Coffey0072 said...

Um,
this woman has issues. I cannot stand when people who're clearly black, try to play the "I'm a mutt" or "I'm multi-racial" card. You ask them what their parents are, and both are black.
Historically, yes, ALL black americans are mixed, if one wants to get technical.
But I think black women play this card, particuarly when they're trying to whoo white men. They grasp at straws, trying to come off as exotic, when really, they're just insecure and ignorant.

I say, just ignore her, and hope upon hope that she applies for another job.

4:10 PM  
Blogger LaBellaSharie said...

LMAO Coffey0072 said it rite

8:10 AM  
Blogger NiTi05 said...

I have to disagree, despite the fact that she gets on your nerves. What does color have to do with whether you may be of mixed origins or another race? Lets see, Sammy Sosa, Tiger Woods, Amerie, Celiz Cruz,Halle Berry. Lesson here: You can be dark-skinned an be non-african american, you can be mixed and have dark skin numerous numbers of East Indians, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Africans, African Americans, Panamanians, Asians, Polynesians, Austrailian Bushmen come in all colors from light to dark. I hate ignorance. And if she may want point out the fact that she is mixed because it's obvious to assume she's black and in fact could have a parent who's not African Ameican or Mixed why should she or anyone deny their roots or ethnicity because of how dark or light their skin is? I guess you have to have an open mind and been diffrent places to know that.

Not sure why the time is off but is 7:34 AM EST

7:42 AM  
Blogger Ms_Kenesha said...

Ni,

I hear ya, but you have to be around this woman (because she's 33) she's clearly color struck, I am very clear on the difference between ethnicity and race. She is from Trinidad, but she has made sure to tell me that her grandfather on one of her sides is a white Portugese man. Her son's father is Italian & white and she is black by race, yet she tells her young son to say he's Hispanic...WTF!

I've been all over Europe and my major was in Lit. of the Diaspora so I'm well versed in the African Diaspora as well as having a concentration in Caribbean Lit and Philosophy, so trust I know the ins and outs of color, race, and ethnicity.

I have no problem with someone embracing the diversity in their family tree, but if I did not ask and I've only known you for a month, why have you told me at least ten times????

11:17 AM  
Blogger NiTi05 said...

Ms_Kenesha,

I see where your coming from and I totally agree and maybe I put the cart before the horse. I didn't mean to come off as trying to sound like I was calling you or anyone else igonorant but I guess coffey0072's opinion made me get on my soapbox as well as your color statement.

As you stated for someone to repeatedly mention some ish you totally don't care to know or ask for.....I can see where the co-worker from hell has some issues.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Ms_Kenesha said...

No prob, Ni. I saw where you were coming from too.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home